This policy protects the insured’s motor vehicle against financial loss that may result from theft of the vehicle or its accessories, Fire, road accidents, and other natural perils e.g floods. The insured can choose the level of coverage ranging from, Third party & Third-party fire and theft and Comprehensive.
What is Motor Insurance?
There are three types of insurance policies that can be issued to motor owners:
This type of policy covers third-party bodily injury or death and property damage arising out of the use of the motor vehicle.
Third-party Fire & Theft Cover:
In addition to the third-party cover indicated above, the policy extends to cover the vehicle from damage arising out of a fire and theft.
It covers third-party liability and property damage to the vehicle ie damage arising out of the fire, theft, and accidental damage to the vehicle. Under Motor Insurance we give cover to:
- Private cars
- School buses
- Tour vans
- Commercial vehicles
- Agricultural vehicles e.g. Tractors
- Protection, recovery & removal after accident (towing charges)
- Liability to Third Parties – Death or Bodily Injury:
- Liability to Third Parties – Property Damage
- Medical Expenses
- Political violence and terrorism (optional benefit)
- Protects you against financial loss in the event of an accident.
- Protects you against damage to third-party vehicles, property or bodily injury as a result of an accident
- It is required by Law
- Windscreen cover
- Radio cassette cover
- Vehicle valuation at no cost
- Emergency medical expenses
- Riots and strikes
- Towing charges
- Own damage excess protector
- Courtesy car
- Road rescue membership
- Political violence and terrorism cover
- Life rider cover
We insure vehicles up to 15 years from the year of manufacture. Any vehicle above 15 years will be required to undergo mechanical inspection before consideration for insurance.