This policy covers damage to greenhouse structures, cladding, crop, irrigation equipment, and machinery in the greenhouse
What is Greenhouse insurance?
- Section 1: The Plastic cladding : Loss or damage to plastic cladding covering the greenhouse resulting from fire and allied perils. Structures (Steel Only): Covers loss or damage to the steel structure supporting the greenhouse resulting from fire and allied perils.
- Section 2: Crop – Covers loss or damage to the growing crop in the greenhouse resulting from fire and allied perils affecting the greenhouse structure. The insured is compensated for the cost of production for the affected crops.
- Section 3: Transit – Cover loss or damage to harvested flowers or crops resulting from fire, overturning, and collision of the refrigerated vehicle transporting them from the farm to the port of exit collection center or market.
- Section 4: Machinery Breakdown – Cover loss or damage to the machinery including compressors and pumps declared by the insured resulting from any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage or breakdown of the machinery.
- Section 5: Transit Irrigation Equipment – Covers loss or damage to the irrigation equipment from the water supply point up to and including irrigation equipment in the greenhouse resulting from fire and allied perils. The value of irrigation equipment includes the value of pumps, valves, sensors, piping, sprinklers nozzles and water filtration systems
You may also be interested in
This policy provides 24hrs protection to the insured against accidental injuries and loss of checked in baggage while travelling anywhere in the world.