In recent years, unmanned aircraft systems, commonly known as drones, have become an increasingly crucial tool in various industries. Drones have revolutionized sectors such as;
- Photographers who rely on aerial photography.
- Agricultural farms use drones for crop spraying.
- Land surveyors utilize drone technology for accurate mapping.
- Search and rescue teams, leisure enthusiasts, military personnel, medical professionals, and security operations.
However, with the growing utilization of drones, there are also increasing risks and liabilities for users and businesses, making drone insurance essential for protecting these valuable assets.
Geminia Drone Insurance is designed to provide peace of mind to drone owners in the event of unexpected mishaps. It covers the physical loss or damage to the drone itself, including its accessories such as landing pads, remote controls, and cameras.
What does Geminia Drone Insurance cover?
- Theft of the drone occurs during the period of insurance and arises from activities covered.
- Transit risks are covered, meaning any loss or damage to the drone while in flight, on the ground, or during transportation is included in the policy.
- Flyaways,” where a drone suddenly disappears while in the air, is also covered under drone insurance.
- Legal Liability to third parties means that if your drone causes bodily injury or property damage to others, the insurance will cover the resulting expenses. It extends to cover potential claims related to invasion of privacy or noise liability arising from the use of the insured drone for covered activities.
To obtain Geminia Drone Insurance, there are certain requirements that must be met. Individuals who own a drone must register it with the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA). Moreover, drone pilots should receive proper training from KCAA-approved drone training schools in Kenya. These measures ensure that only qualified individuals are operating drones, reducing the risk of accidents and mishaps.